22 July 2008

It's My Birthday!


Each night after I place Zora in her crib and while she's still blinking up at me with her huge, gooey brown eyes, I tell her, "Goodnight, baby girl. I love you. I'm so glad that you are part of our lives."

Sure, we got her some presents and she smashed a perfectly gorgeous little cupcake to smithereens, but this little creature has given me more than a shelf-full of self help books and hours of meditation could offer: she's taught me to be in the moment.

I saw her face when she smelled her first rose, ate her first bite of apples and mangoes, and took her first steps towards me: pure joy. Her flashing, dimpled grin embodies a Neil Simon quote I recently read: "I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far."

Happy birthday, baby girl.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home