13 January 2007

How Rodney Found Out

The first thing Rodney does when he gets home is ask, "Did we get any mail?" so I tucked the pregnancy test in between two envelopes in that day's mail and waited for him to come home.

Twenty minutes later I heard his key turning in the door and the velco rip of tires peeling off the wet pavement outside. He sprinted up the steps and walked right past the dining room table where the mail was.

"Hi!" he smiled. Tiny droplets of water rested on his dark curly hair and flecked his silver framed glasses.

"Aren't you going to check the mail?" I asked.

"Why? Did we get something?" Then he looked at me again. "Why are you smiling?"

"I think you should check the mail," I insisted. So much for subtlety.

"Why?" he asked again.

"Just check it!" I insisted.

Confused, he walked over to the dining room table and fumbled through the envelopes and found the thin white dipstick.

"What does the plus mean?" Hah. He wasn't the only one.

"It means that I'm pregnant."

He hugged into his chest and rested his chin on top of my head. "Boy, my guys are good!" I could feel him smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home